The Ingredient Finder is proud to offer you our first of many cooking demonstrations. Meet Chef Adam Halberg of Barcelona Restaurants as he makes mouthwatering Stuffed Piquillo Peppers, all with great ingredients from theingredientfinder.com.
Barcelona Restaurants was founded in 1996 in Connecticut by Andy Pforzheimer and Sasa Mahr-Batuz. Today, Barcelona is the largest Spanish restaurant group in America. At Barcelona, great chefs from the best kitchens in America and Europe turn out some of the finest food in the Northeast: tapas both simple and elegant, specials using the finest seasonal picks from local markets and unusual specialties from Spain and the Mediterranean. Flavors are bold and the ingredients speak for themselves. Barcelona is featured in Zagat’s “America’s Top Restaurants,” is the winner of the Wine Spectator’s “Award of Excellence,” and recently released “The Barcelona Cookbook: A Celebration of Food, Wine, and Life.” Barcelona has six locations from Greenwich to New Haven and now is spreading its passion for food and fun nationwide. Next up: Atlanta. Visit Barcelona Restaurants Website.
Tuna and Artichoke Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
1 7oz can Bonito Tuna in Olive Oil
5 jarred Artichoke Hearts
.5 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
3 TBL + 1.5 cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 pinch Kosher Salt (+ to taste)
8 Piquillo Peppers
.5 can (7oz) Roasted Tomato Sauce
Red Chile Flakes (optional – to taste)
1. In a medium bowl, empty the can of Bonito Tuna and it’s oil and separate the flakes with a fork
2. Add the artichokes to the bowl and mash them gently with the fork, mixing them into the tuna
3. Add the Parsley, Salt and 3TBL of Olive oil and mix until well-incorporated, but trying not to break up the tuna too much
4. Taste the mix and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Using a small spoon, stuff each Piquillo Pepper with as much of the Tuna-Artichoke mix as possible.
6. Arrange the stuffed peppers in an oven-safe pan or casserole
7. Spoon the Tomato Sauce evenly over the peppers
8. Drizzle the Olive Oil evenly over the peppers (and sprinkle the chili flakes on top if desired)
9. Bake uncovered in the oven for approx 30 minutes, pausing halfway through to baste the peppers in the oil from the pan
10. Remove and serve warm.